Kiyoharu - 20th single release commemoration [A METEOR] 5.22 @ Akasaka BLITZ
I’m like 90% sure I was the only not-Japanese person there.
The age range of people at this concert was amazing. They were high school students still in their uniforms, to salarymen/women types still in their suits, to older oba-san. Surprisingly, the doors didn’t open until an hour they were supposed to! (and usually these sorts of things are very punctual in Japan! o3o)
I really loved how conversational, casual, and comfortable Kiyoharu’s MC’s were! It was a very, very stark contrast compared to the last concert I attended, where Kamijo didn’t really engage the audience at all.
To be honest, I couldn’t grasp all the details of what he was saying, but here are some highlights/things I remember:
- At the end of his first MC, he was like “ahh I’m too nervous, too nervous. Okay, I’m done, next song”
- He couldn’t remember the details of his next fanclub live
- He mentioned his upcoming album, but since he couldn’t actually say a lot about it, he just sort of mumbled and gave out some hints XD
- He brought up his band member’s recently-passed birthday. Then, he made a comment “Oji-san, da ne?” but he didn’t really specify whether he meant this about himself or just his band as a whole
- Toward the end, he pointed out his wife sitting up on the balcony (d’awww)
He had four outfit changes:
- He started the concert wearing a black blazer, a feather/tie/necklace thing, and no shirt
- a hooded shirt and a drapey vest thing
- 1st encore: a black shirt with a red necklace/tie thing.
- 2nd encore: a red shirt, black fedora, the previous necklace thing
- Final encore: the tour shirt, a red fedora, and a scarf
Kiyoharu was sooo fidgety with the drapey vest/hood of the 2nd outfit, as well as with the scarf during the final encore. Yet even with all his fidgeting, he somehow managed to still look really cool all the time XD
Also omg this concert was soooo loooong! It was nearly 3 1/2 hours; there were THREE encores!! o___o
Bottom pic is all the merch I got~ the towel and shirt are kind of plain, but it makes up for the fact that I only ever bought his CD’s at Book Off in the past. The thing between the CD and the studded bow is a sticker that’s specifically meant for the subway/train pass cards.