- I got to have coffee with Jack two mornings ago!!!!! it was very exciting to meet in person ahhhh
- we crossed Iowa for the rest of Wednesday, we stopped at the store from American Pickers, which was next to the Mississippi River
- WE WENT TO RIVERSIDE IOWA, FUTURE BIRTHPLACE OF CAPTAIN KIRK we took a bunch of pictures and we’ll upload those later
- we stopped at Iowa 80 Truckstop, the biggest truckstop in the world, and Megan bought an incredible jacket, all of the clothes were like Deviantart crossed with Midwestern taste, I was in awe
- we got to Omaha for the night and holy shit YOU’VE NEVER HAD A STEAK UNTIL YOU’VE EATEN ONE IN NEBRASKA
- yesterday we crossed Nebraska, aka Cow Country aka The Land Of No Cell Phone Signal
- THERE IS A BEACON HILLS RESTAURANT IN LINCOLN, NE
- we stopped at Cabela’s in Sidney, NE, which was a 100,000 sq. ft. hunting equipment showroom, it was incredible and they had a ton of taxidermy animals, including an elephant???? it also had a monument to the Pony Express
- there’s a bunch of place we passed through whose names I know from playing Oregon trail, thankfully we didn’t have to ford any rivers
- we finally got to Wyoming, and we’re now at the Little America Hotel and Resort in Cheyenne, which is HUGE, and serves Thanksgiving dinner 365 days a year, and there’s a stuffed Emperor Penguin in the lobby from Admiral Byrd’s expedition to Antarctica, and the gift shop has the fanciest ranch clothes I have ever laid eyes on, and the whole place has a ton of Native American stuff whose authenticity is a little questionable
- we’re off to Salt Lake City today!!
I am in cow country aka Nebraska.
Also there isn’t much signal here
I visited the world’s largest truck stop today. (it’s in Iowa) I got this awfully fabulous wolf /first fleece jacket. It’s really comfy
I just saw a man ride a lawn mower to the general store
Definitely in small town middle America (in Iowa right now)
We made a quick stop in Le Claire, IA to visit the storefront for the American Pickers! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you need to watch more of the history channel.
Just realized that we can stop at Antique Archaeology in Iowa, aka the storefront for the American Pickers!
What perfect timing for galaxy nails! I’ve never done them before, and I’m going to go see “Star Trek” today with my friends so of course I need themed nails! :D
I ended up using like ten different nail polishes, although it doesn’t seem like it, to create these. It was a big messy fun!
Any of you going to see “Star Trek” soon? Or have you already seen it?
day 1 of the cross country drive was a resounding success
Lake Harmony, PA everyone
I am TOTES going to see Kaya! \(^o^)/ ( I did see him like five times when I was in Japan…)
I’m super excited~
“land of make believe, exit 12”
New Jersey…what even
I had a dream today that I saw you in a store and i couldn’t tell if it was really you or not so I went right up to you and stared at your face for like a full minute until you were like “…Charleett?”
I guess you couldn’t really tell if it was me either cuz you were really confused too
So I was like “OMG Meg I couldn’t tell if it was really you cuz I didn’t know u were back in California!” And you were like “Wait…. I’m not in New York!??!!”
And I was like “Wait.. Am I in New York!?? “
And you were like “Uhm… Hold on let me check. … Uh no.I think you are dreaming.”
And I was like “Oh yeah. Wait are you dreaming?? Maybe we are both dreaming and like astral projecting or something that would be cool. I’ll ask you when I wake up”
And then I had another dream that Homestuck updated and that Hussie turned out to be Calliborn’s father.
I owe it all to my internship! This senior year has been a great time for internships. No doubt about it, interning will be one of the things I will miss most about being a college student.
Have you ever been super tired but still really pumped up so all you want to do is dance?
Cause that’s how I feel right now
Last night was senior night then star trek midnight showing. Got back at 3:45am, in bed around 4:30am
Got up at 8:30am to get ready to get to times square to help out with MTV K’s studio live with the hot rookie boy band, B. A. P!
It’s been a long day… Super fun! But looong. Getting back to Fordham around midnight or so…