ahhh some photos of me n swimming anime group at japanexpo and anime expo! XD
Sentai Filmworks’ is proud to present Makoto Shinkai as their Anime Expo Guest of Honor 2013 and to announce the Premiere of The Garden of Words English language dub. [x]
Saturday 3:00PM to 4:00PM
Makoto Shinkai will introduce the English Premiere in Video Room 1. Seating for 1,000. Open to the public.
Saturday 4:15PM to 5:00PM
Makoto Shinkai will sign autographs at The Garden of Words Green Carpet Event at Lounge 21. Free cocktails courtesy of Sentai Filmworks. Limited space available. Free VIP tickets available at Sentai booth - while supplies last.
Industry Guest Panel for The Garden of Words
Makoto Shinkai will be at Anime Expo 2013! He’s one of my favorite anime filmmakers, whose last two features 5CM Per Second and The Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below are phenomenally gorgeous.
I have no interest in seeing the English dub, but I plan on attending his panel and if possible would love to ask him questions about his filmmaking process.
I’m super excited. Other great guests this year at AX include Masaaki Yuasa (The Tatami Galaxy, Mind Game, Kick-Heart), RAM Rider, and Mega64!
I don’t know how to feel about this submission from Anthony…I did laugh, and also I miss you, haha! >3<
Premiere fan ticket sales are now on sale. General Public tickets will go on sale tomorrow, June 10th!
Road trip update!
We drove through the salt flats of Utah today and saw a Morton processing plant. Northern Nevada is is desolate. Also, we’ve passed like three or so prisons…
- We started in Cheyenne, WY this morning
- Made a stop in Laramie which is where University of Wyoming is
- They seem to have excellent natural science programs
- Also, they had all their dinosaur/other fossils on display for FREE
- There is nothing past Laramie
- Western Wyoming is very desolate
- Wyoming is cowboy country
- and also became much hillier/rockier than Nebraska
- We are now in “THE WEST”
- We’ve stopped in Salt Lake City for the night
- I got to have coffee with Jack two mornings ago!!!!! it was very exciting to meet in person ahhhh
- we crossed Iowa for the rest of Wednesday, we stopped at the store from American Pickers, which was next to the Mississippi River
- WE WENT TO RIVERSIDE IOWA, FUTURE BIRTHPLACE OF CAPTAIN KIRK we took a bunch of pictures and we’ll upload those later
- we stopped at Iowa 80 Truckstop, the biggest truckstop in the world, and Megan bought an incredible jacket, all of the clothes were like Deviantart crossed with Midwestern taste, I was in awe
- we got to Omaha for the night and holy shit YOU’VE NEVER HAD A STEAK UNTIL YOU’VE EATEN ONE IN NEBRASKA
- yesterday we crossed Nebraska, aka Cow Country aka The Land Of No Cell Phone Signal
- THERE IS A BEACON HILLS RESTAURANT IN LINCOLN, NE
- we stopped at Cabela’s in Sidney, NE, which was a 100,000 sq. ft. hunting equipment showroom, it was incredible and they had a ton of taxidermy animals, including an elephant???? it also had a monument to the Pony Express
- there’s a bunch of place we passed through whose names I know from playing Oregon trail, thankfully we didn’t have to ford any rivers
- we finally got to Wyoming, and we’re now at the Little America Hotel and Resort in Cheyenne, which is HUGE, and serves Thanksgiving dinner 365 days a year, and there’s a stuffed Emperor Penguin in the lobby from Admiral Byrd’s expedition to Antarctica, and the gift shop has the fanciest ranch clothes I have ever laid eyes on, and the whole place has a ton of Native American stuff whose authenticity is a little questionable
- we’re off to Salt Lake City today!!
I am in cow country aka Nebraska.
Also there isn’t much signal here
I visited the world’s largest truck stop today. (it’s in Iowa) I got this awfully fabulous wolf /first fleece jacket. It’s really comfy
I just saw a man ride a lawn mower to the general store
Definitely in small town middle America (in Iowa right now)
We made a quick stop in Le Claire, IA to visit the storefront for the American Pickers! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you need to watch more of the history channel.
Just realized that we can stop at Antique Archaeology in Iowa, aka the storefront for the American Pickers!
What perfect timing for galaxy nails! I’ve never done them before, and I’m going to go see “Star Trek” today with my friends so of course I need themed nails! :D
I ended up using like ten different nail polishes, although it doesn’t seem like it, to create these. It was a big messy fun!
Any of you going to see “Star Trek” soon? Or have you already seen it?
day 1 of the cross country drive was a resounding success
Lake Harmony, PA everyone